- Case Study on Mindfulness in Schools
- Judy Willis on the Science of Boredom, How to Get Students’ Attention
- Mindfulness: Room To Breathe
- Human Emotions, Explained in 60 Short Interviews
- Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning
- Center for Responsive Schools
- She Knows
- In Culture Parent
- Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning: 5 dimensions
- Collaborative for Equity in Literacy Learning
- Perspectives for a Diverse America
- Lee and Low Publishers
- Acknowledge Alliance
- Citizen Schools
- Ripple Effects Program
- No Bully Program
- Center for Social and Emotional Education
- Project Cornerstone
- All Kinds of Minds
- Mindful Schools In-Class Instruction
- Neuroscience and Teaching Strategies
- Neuroscience and the Classroom
- Brain-Targeted Teaching
- TEDx Talks: Peter Bensen, Sparks: How Youth Thrive
- MindUP: The Hawn Foundation
- The New Teacher Center
- The Garrison Institute
- Reading, Writing, ‘Rithmetic, and Respect | NPR Science Friday
- 2013 Effective Social and Emotional Learning Programs
- Empathy, the Most Important Back-to-School Supply
- Neuroscience & the Classroom: Making Connections – A Course for K-12 Teachers
- How to Foster Tenacity, Grit, and Perseverance: An Educator’s Guide
- Educational Psychology and Technology
- Safe Schools & Communities
- Mindset Works/Home of Brainology
- Resources for Social & Emotional Learning
- WINGS for Kids
- Dresser, (2012). Reviving oral reading practices with English language learners by integrating social-emotional learning. Multicultural Education 20 (1)
- Dresser, R. & Assato, J. (2013). Coaching, not correcting: An alternative model for minority students. Multicultural Education 22 (1) 46-50.
- Dresser, R. (2013). Paradigm shift in education: Weaving social-emotional learning into language and literacy instruction. i.e.: inquiry in education: Vol. 4: Iss. 1, Article 2. Retrieved from: http://digitalcommons.nl.edu/ie/vol4/iss1/2
- Swanson, P. E. “Overcoming the Run Response.” Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School 19.2 (2013): Print.
- Kahn, J. “Can Emotional Intelligence be Taught?” The New York Times, September 11, 2013
- Bigelow, M. (2007). Social and cultural capital at school: the case of a Somali teenage
girl. Retrieved from http://social3.org/s/social-‐and-‐cultural-‐capital-‐at-‐school-‐the-‐case-‐of-‐a-‐somali-‐e2790.
- Brock, C. H., Moore, D. K., & Parks, L. (2007). Exploring pre-‐service teachers’ literacy practices with children from diverse backgrounds: Implications for teacher educators. Teaching and Teacher Education, 23(6), 898-‐915.
- Bui, Y. N. 1., & Fagan, Y. M. 2. (2013). The effects of an integrated reading comprehension strategy: A culturally responsive teaching approach for fifth-‐grade students’ reading comprehension. Preventing School Failure, 57(2), 59-‐69.
- Smith, G. & Rabin, C. (2013, in press). Modern education: A tragedy of the commons. In Journal of Curriculum Studies.
- Rabin, C. (2013, in press). Don’t Throw the Rocks: Cultivating Care with a Pedagogy called Rocks-in-the-Basket. In Journal of Research in Childhood Education.
- Whitenack, D. A., & Swanson, P. E. (2013). The Transformative potential of boundary spanners: a narrative inquiry into preservice teacher education and professional development in an NCLB -impacted context. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 21(57) Retrieved [date], from http://epaa.asu.edu/ojs/article/view/1259.
- Swanson, P. E. (2010). The intersection of language and mathematics. Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School, 15, 516-523.
- Growth Mindset Gaining Traction as School Improvement Strategy
- Medoff, Lisa. Resilience in the Classroom: Helping Students with Special Needs, Kaplan Publishing, New York, 2010
- Lantieri, Linda. Techniques to Cultivate Inner Strength in Children: Building Emotional Intelligence; With an Introduction and Guided Practices by Daniel Goleman. Sounds True, Inc., 2008, Boulder, CO
- Tough, Paul. How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Boston, New York, 2012
- Watson, Marilyn, in collaboration with Laura Ecken; forward by Alfie Kohn. Learning to Trust: Transforming Difficult Elementary Classrooms Through Developmental Discipline. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, 2003.
- Pink, Daniel. To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others. Penguin Group, New York, 2012
- Kabat-Zinn, John. Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment–and Your Life. Sounds True, Boulder, CO, 2012
- Dweck, Carol. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success. Ballantine Books, New York, 2006
- Goldstein A. (1999). The PREPARE Curriculum. Research Press, Champaign, Illinois
- Elias, M., Zins, J., Weissberg, R. et al (1997. Promoting Social and Emotional Learning: Guidelines for Educators. Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development. Alexandria, Virginia.
- Fox, Mem. (2001) Who Ever you Are. San Diego: Voyager Books: Harcourt.
- National Geographic Society (U.S.). (2009). Every human has rights: A photographic declaration for kids based on the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights. National Geographic Global Babies by Global Relief Fund.
- Rotner, S., & Kelly, S. M. (2009). Shades of people (First edition.). Holiday House.
- Ho, M., Meade, H., Paul, C. H., Orchard Books (Firm), Barton Press., & Horowitz/Rae Book Manufacturers (New York, N.Y.). (1996). Hush!: A Thai lullaby. New York: Orchard Books.
- Lester, J., & Barbour, K. (2005). Let’s talk about race (First edition.). HarperCollinsPublishers..
- Zins, J., Weissberg, R., Wang, M. and Walberg, H. (2004). Building academic success on social and emotional learning. Teachers College Press, Columbia University , New York.
- Noddings, N. (2005). The Challenge to Care 2nd Edition. Teachers College Press, Columbia University, New York.
- Bacosa, Rachel. Mindfulness Classroom Implementation
The resources published here are for information only and do not reflect endorsement by the Collaborative for Reaching & Teaching the Whole Child.